I found a really neat recipe for the granola bars using coconut oil instead of butter or veggie oil!
Granola Bar Recipe:
* 2 cups rolled oats
* 1/2 cup wheat germ
* 1/4 cup ground flax seed
* 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
* 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/4 fresh ground nutmeg
* 1/2 cup honey
* 1 Lg egg beaten
* 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil (you could use peanut butter for a change)
* 3/4 cup dried fruit ie: raisins,currants,chopped apricots,cherries!(optional)
* 1/4 cup nuts ie: almonds,walnuts,pecans,peanuts or sunflower seeds! (optional)
* 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350
Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
Mix dry ingredients together then make a well in the bowl and add the wet stuff!
Press mixture into baking dish.
Bake for 3o-35 minutes until the edges are golden brown!
Cool for about 5 minutes then cut! The bars will harden as they cool so cut while still warm!